Monday, February 21, 2011

Fame II

Thought for the day…

I just came back from running errands including stopping at the farm supply store (hey…this is Canandaigua) where I buy my bird feed.  They had a sale on blue jeans.  It made me reflect back on my “Fame” entry from a few days ago.

Levi Straus earned his fame by taking surplus cotton material and making rugged work pants for the 49ers... the gold diggers not the football team.  Today, pants wearing his label are worn all over the world.  We all wore them in the 60s too.

Fame today?  Another Levi is, ironically, famous for not being able to keep “it” in his pants.  Levi Johnson gained fame for inseminating (it was a farm supply store that got me thinking about this) the Alaska Governor’s teenage daughter.

Ah 21st century…ya gotta be proud.

No comments:

Post a Comment